Brooklyn Historical Museum
The Brooklyn Historical Society was organized in 1996 to develop the former William Manatt home built in 1869 on the original site. The house was given to the City of Brooklyn by his youngest son, Coe Manatt in 1963 to be used for Library, Civic and Cultural purposes. The home then housed the Brooklyn Public Library until the Spring of 1999 when a new Library was completed. The Brooklyn Historical Museum, home of the Brooklyn Historical Society, located at 304 Jackson Street is on the National Register of Historical Places. It is furnished with furniture, clothing and antique artifacts from the 1895 to 2000 era, along with displays from local residents who has served or is serving in various government positions of earlier days to present.
To set up a tour please call Mary Jo Thompson at 641-891-1941.