Brooklyn Iowa

MEMBERS:

RANDY WILLIAMS

TROY MELDREM

KURT HALL

CHRIS KELLER

RICK MOYER

NORM TAYLOR

LES TAYLOR

JEREMY MANN

BRAD GRAHAM

MATT MOYER

RYAN MILLER

BRODY BALES

TANNER MELDREM

CARL TUBBS

CHRISTIAN WILLIAMS

JOSH SLATER

BRAD BOESENBERG

CHRIS SCOTT

SPENCER MELDREM

BRETT LA KOSE

SKYLER DRURY

CHRIS DRURY

Brooklyn Volunteer Fire Department

The Brooklyn Volunteer Fire Department was organized in 1887 with its first truck, a chemical engine, being purchased that year. An Ordinance in May of 1887 provided for issuing bonds of $3,000.00 to purchase a fire engine and other firefighting equipment. The fleet of equipment was kept at City Hall until 1956 when Coe Manatt and his sister, Nellie Mannatt Sherwood, donated the pasture land south of the William Manatt House on Jackson Street to the department. A new building was constructed there at the cost of $10,000.00. An addition of three stalls was built in 1976.

February 1, 2010, the bid of $1,052,600.00 was accepted from Bushong Construction Company, Montezuma, IA for the construction of the new Public Safety Building. It is located at 400 E Pershing and houses both the East Poweshiek Ambulance Service and the Brooklyn Volunteer Fire Department. 

Ambulance at Flag Day Parade
Ambulance at Flag Day Parade
The Fire Department and Ambulance held a joint fundraiser and hosted Steam Engine Rides from the Iowa Interstate Railroad.
The Fire Department and Ambulance held a joint fundraiser and hosted Steam Engine Rides from the Iowa Interstate Railroad.

© 2018 City of Brooklyn, Iowa. All rights reserved.