The Parent-Teachers' Association was an outgrowth of the Mother's club and was organized in 1919. The organization consisted of both fathers and mothers and was very active. They began the distribution of milk to schoolchildren during school hours, a practice that is continued today, along with purchasing playground equipment.
After a lapse in time, PIE (Partners in Education) group for the BGM Community School District was formed in 1994. Today the group consists of 65 members, both men and women.
Some of the fundraising activities in the past have included Popcorn Day, Pizza Hut cards, Cookie Day, Book Fair, Pie Sales and Apple Day. All proceeds from their fundraisers will be for the playground at the new elementary school site.
More information may be obtained by calling 641-522-9268